Position Summary: The Area Manager is accountable for facilities in PA/NJ
Serves customers by providing housekeeping services; directing staff.
Summary of Essential Position Functions:
* Accomplishes housekeeping human resource strategies by determining accountability; communicating and enforcing values, policies, and procedures; implementing training, coaching, disciplinary, and communication programs; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation strategies.
* Develops housekeeping organizational strategies by contributing information, analysis, and recommendations; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
* Develops housekeeping financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
* Promotes housekeeping quality initiatives by conducting inspections; reviewing guest interviews; gaining feedback from meetings; enforcing quality and customer service standards; analyzing and resolving quality and customer service issues; implementing innovative methods of delivery services to customers.
* Provides housekeeping management information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
* Improves housekeeping quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
* Avoids legal challenges by understanding current and proposed legislation; enforcing regulations; recommending new procedures; complying with legal requirements.
* Enhances housekeeping services department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
*High School Diploma or GED required
*Bachelor Degree preferred
* 3-5 years previous supervisor experience required
*Must be able to multi-task and work independently and as a member of a team
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
*Must have a positive attitude and a strong work ethic
* Experience in a service environment is preferred
*Speaks English and Spanish a plus
*Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
*Physical demands and work environment:
Quality Management, Staffing, People Management, Developing Budgets, Planning, People Skills, Customer Focus, Analyzing Information, Process Improvement, Legal Compliance, Verbal Communication