Manage the operations of the Region:
Training new hires on company’s policies and procedures (Training manuals quizzes used and completed) and returned to Human Resources within one (1) week of the hire date
- Drive Detail Checklist and 5 points process in every account
- Performing scheduled inspections in accordance with the Supervisor management sheet. Every time in a building do a 5-point inspection and follow the detail checklist. If there is no detailed checklist create one.
- Ensuring that the janitor’s closet and storage area is neat, orderly, and properly supplied
- Ensuring inventory of customer consumables and our cleaning supplies are properly maintained (regularly ordering supplies in a timely manner)
- Directing janitorial staff each evening and following up as needed
- Hire and oversee Mobile crew in your area
- Contact staff members to fill in and the truck crew to cover the shift as necessary
- Ensure all shifts are covered for assigned sites on a daily basis including maintaining the Daily Log Book
- Continued development by utilizing management tools (supervisor management sheet, ET, 4dx board etc.)
- Completing and conducting 90 day and annual performance reviews on janitorial staff
- Help Support On-Boarding of new staff, to include interviewing and processing when the need presents itself.
- Develops housekeeping organizational strategies by contributing information, analysis, and recommendations; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Promotes housekeeping quality initiatives by conducting inspections; reviewing guest interviews; gaining feedback from meetings; enforcing quality and customer service standards; analyzing and resolving quality and customer service issues; implementing innovative methods of delivery services to customers
- Avoids legal challenges by treating all employees with respect, complying with all governmental regulations; recommending new procedures; complying with legal requirements.
- Employee development and motivation following the guidance and direction of the upper management team
- Continued training and development to improve as a manager and develop stronger leads below you.
- Understanding and enforcement of Company Handbook (Uphold Policy and Procedure)
- Budget control-daily hours, labor percentage, OT costs, Supplies, janitorial closet kept clean etc.
- Personal qualities such as attendance, teamwork, follow thru, flexibility, responsiveness, ability to get along with others, respectfulness to your team and your supervisor, providing training and feedback to housekeepers and supervisors, and excellent time management skills are essential.
- Communicating with Human Resources on disciplinary issues, termination, workplace injuries
- Complete the Incident Investigation Form for workplace injuries of staff, clients and the public related to ServiceMaster work perform
- Regular reporting in the ExpressTime system, including the Weekly Planner and Labor Report Payroll Audit
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Establish a proactive Customer Service environment through effective planning, clear definition of expectations, frequent measurement and feedback
- Ensure that each customer knows that we care and that there business is very important to us.
- Ensuring customer satisfaction- Prioritizing scores below 4
- Responding to Immediate Attention (IA) Reports in a timely and thorough manner
- Ensure a professional presence in pubic with properly identified and groomed employees, vehicles and equipment.
- Visit key accounts regularly and follow up with low score customers to improve their scores
- Plan to exceed quality performance standards in each account by working with and fully utilizing our customer service team and system.
- Fully develop and implement the cleantelligent software for inspections and quality control working with our customer service team and your supervisors.
Summer Project Management may be required
- Employee will manage cleaning, moving and production teams
- Assess, project, and manage teams in accordance to budgets
- Assess quality and inspect rooms and areas upon completion for satisfactory conditions
- Train and develop leads for each team to help execute plans and procedures
- Learn ServiceMaster Management Model
- Learn and Utilize management tools (Daily Log Book, Sup Mgmt. Sheet, Expresstime etc.
- Learn ServiceMaster cleaning policy and procedures
- Employee must be flexible in scheduling working hours and available on weekends when needed
and available by telephone for emergencies. Employee should be accessible for team and answer within an hour of initial contact. Normal hours should be between 10am – 7pm generally, and 3pm-11.30 occasionally. The needs of the business may require an adjustment to that schedule. The Regional Manager has considerable discretion to train the evening and weekend crews and supervisors so as to limit the need to work late more than two evenings per week. By working as a team, all shifts should be covered and the night time and weekend close down can be efficiently managed. Management reserves the right to adjust working hours as required in order to cover any openings.
Qualifications: To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor Degree preferred
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Ability to communicate clearly
- 5+ years’ previous supervisor experience required
- Must be able to multi-task and work independently and as a member of a team
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must have a positive attitude and a strong work ethic
- Experience in a service environment is preferred
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
Physical demands and work environment:
- Must be willing to work in damp, dusty and soiled areas and clean up human waste and other bodily fluids as necessary
- Able to lift 35 pounds and carry a 12-pound backpack vacuum cleaner
- Position includes walking, standing, climbing, bending, stooping, twisting, reaching, pulling, pushing, kneeling and crouching
- Manage operation within 45-hour week.
Built on a foundation of great brands and employees with a passion for service, our vision is to be the leading provider of essential services through empowered people, world-class customer service and convenient access. By joining ServiceMaster, you'll be part of a talented network of employees with a shared vision.
Our environment is a diverse community where successful people work together to achieve common goals.
This franchise is independently owned and operated by a ServiceMaster Clean® franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchisee, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of this franchisee. All inquiries about employment at this location should be made directly to the franchisee, and not to The ServiceMaster Company, LLC.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)